Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Snow!!

Flynn here with a big news bulletin.  We had to make the difficult decision to split up as a group in order to honor our individual goals and needs.  With winter bearing down upon us, any hope of reaching the coast by Thanksgiving requires a strong and steady push.  Still full of energy and committed to the coast-to-coast destination, Carolyn and Emily have decided to go for it.  If anyone can do it, they can!!  After a nasty chest cold and not feeling as deeply driven to reach the coast, I realized I wanted to travel at a slower pace.  Nathaniel decided he also craves more rest along the way, so the two of us are aiming at western Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving where he has family.  I do have hopes of still reaching the Atlantic Ocean before it's all said and done, but that goal is secondary to my health and well being.  You'll have to stay tuned to see how it all unfolds.  Today it is snowing in Madison, WI where we have found a safe haven with Kris and Abbi Evans.  The adventure continues ... and we are all still pedaling.  (but not today because I forgot to pack my studded bike tires)   

No comments:

Post a Comment