Thursday, September 22, 2011

and so it begins...

We've been told that our muscles will get bigger, so we decided to take our  "before" specs for comparison sake.

Which way to Portland?

Who knows? Maybe our brains will grow too... or shrink.
Risky, Flynn's mother, we are so grateful for a great dinner and her warm hugs to send us off at the train station!
Whitefish, Montana catching the 10 pm train

Taking over Union Station for bike assembly
Thanks to our helpful bike shepherd, Eli Murphy. We already feel the good vibes from the biking community!
 
Day 1: Portland, Oregon!! Here we go!



2 comments:

  1. Emily (and friends), I plan to follow your trip (largely because your father suggested I get interested in what you are doing this fall)! I bet we'd get along gingerly together - social media tells me we have a lot of common interests these days. So if you decided to bike through Cambridge, MA you all should meet up with me. I think you'd like it here. Heck, stay at my house, it's always one big sleepover party on Fayette Street. Good luck, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girls!

    Im so happy to see you all starting off so beautifully and all having a grand time. How cool is it when the unknown ahead opens up for you and works out in ways better than you could've expected! Here's to the evolution of that opening and to the rest of your trek! *sips Cold Smoke* Cheers! Maybe I'll get to see y'all soon!

    and remember: bad choices make for great memories, so follow that whimsy now and then!
    - D

    ReplyDelete